Apartment communities often offer move-in bonuses to renters who use Rentgrata to ask current residents about their experience. To be eligible to earn a move-in bonus for chatting with a resident on Rentgrata, you must complete these steps in order:
- Send a message to a current resident of an apartment community on Rentgrata, and the resident must thoughtfully respond.
- Submit a lease application to live at the community.
- Execute a full term lease (typically 12 months or more).
- Move into the community as a full time resident.
Move-in bonuses may become ineligible due to a number of factors, some of which are:
- You apply to live at the community prior to starting a conversation with a current resident.
- You use a third party broker or locator during your apartment search process.
- You message a current resident but they never reply. If the resident you have messaged does not reply within a few hours, please reach out to another resident.
- You sign a lease for fewer than 12 months.
- You move out of the community prior to having lived there for at least 90 days.
- You are not in good financial standing with your community.
Eligible move-in bonuses are paid out by the apartment community, not Rentgrata, and move-in bonuses are typically paid out 30-90 days following your move-in date.
Additional restrictions may apply:
- Rewards offered on Rentgrata are sometimes unable to be combined with other rewards or move-in incentives offered by the community.
- Only one move-in bonus may be awarded per lease signed (or per unit in student housing).
- Rewards are only issued to current residents.
- Rewards offers are valid for a limited time and are subject to change.
- Restrictions in addition to those posted here may apply.
We always suggest reaching out to the onsite team of the apartment community for additional details and restrictions.